The fact that we live in a constantly on the move world which pushes us to always be available and ready to go can seriously affect our stress levels and cause fatigue to set in. Here are ten simple tips to help you combat this feeling:
1. Take deep breaths – they deliver oxygen to your cells and add nutrients to your bloodstream. You will notice how after a few deep breath you will feel more relaxed and ready to take on the next challenge.
2. Exercise – apart from getting an energy boost, you will also definitely improve your life quality, as exercising maximizes the efficiency of your heart, lungs, and muscles
3. Drink lots of water – don’t wait until you get thirsty, but constantly hydrate your body. Feeling thirsty is a sign that you are already depleted of energy and that can cause you fatigue.
4. Eat frequently but in small portions – eating smaller meals regularly helps regulate your glucose levels and releases energy gradually over the course of the day.
5. Listen to music – boredom is another cause of fatigue, so listening to some music could prevent that.
6. Speak up and out – keeping your emotions to yourself can cause you fatigue.
7. Take a power nap – there are moments when you can’t get full hours of sleep. In that case, try a 20 minutes nap during the day, it will boost your energy levels.
8. Be optimistic – having a negative outlook on life can severely decrease your energy and affect your productivity.
9. Go to bed early – sleep deprivation has a lot of side effects. Get the hours of sleep you need!
10. Shut down the information overload – too much information that doesn’t nourish you in any particular way can fatigue you. Try to do things that make you happy and have nothing to do with technology.